Fauré's beautiful setting of the "In Paradisum" expresses the desire for eternal bliss that we have for our loved ones who have gone before us.
One year ago today, on 3 December 2013, at 8.40am, Ali entered into eternal life. I find it impossible to believe that the angels and saints did not welcome her joyfully into the paradise of eternal union with God, which she had desired so ardently and for which she had prepared so lovingly.
- In paradisum deducant te Angeli;
- in tuo adventu suscipiant te martyres,
- et perducant te in civitatem sanctam Ierusalem.
- Chorus angelorum te suscipiat,
- et cum Lazaro quondam paupere
- æternam habeas requiem.